How to Apply
Scholarship funding/slots are still available for ECE Professionals interested in enrolling in a late start Fall semester. Many of our partner higher education institutions offer late start semesters which typically begin in early to mid-October. Interested individuals should submit their ASAP to be considered, but no later than 3 weeks before the semester is scheduled to begin.
T.E.A.C.H. Application Deadline for Spring 2023 - Apply by November 4, 2022!
ECE Professionals interested in attending college for the Spring semester that begins this January should apply to T.E.A.C.H. now! T.E.A.C.H. applications must be complete and submitted with all required documentation/information by Friday, November 4, 2022 in order to be considered for the Spring 2023 semester. PACCA will continue to accept applications on an ongoing basis, however incomplete applications and applications received after this date will not receive priority for consideration. NOTE: New scholarship awards for the Spring 2023 semester will be dependent upon funding availability at that time.
Interested applicants should also begin the college admissions process now and contact an ECE advisor at their intended college/university. This helps to ensure that scholarship applicants are admitted to their college/university and can register for courses if/when they receive a T.E.A.C.H. scholarship. T.E.A.C.H. can provide contact information for ECE advisors at partnering institutions if needed.
PACCA offers a variety of T.E.A.C.H. Scholarships to meet the needs of the early care and education workforce in center, group and home-based settings. See below for eligibility criteria and links to the T.E.A.C.H. brochure and applications. Eligible applicants must:
- work a minimum of 25 hours per week (on average) directly with children in a DHS-certified child care program,
- be a resident of Pennsylvania,
- be employed with sponsoring program for at least six months (approximately) before enrolling in courses through the scholarship program,
- make $21.63 or less an hour ($25 or less per hour for directors), and
- be interested in pursuing coursework at a partnering college/university toward a degree and/or teacher certification in PreK-4/Early Childhood Education.
- Bachelor's degree applicants must have already earned an Associate degree in ECE or have at least 55 transferable credits toward a Bachelor’s degree in ECE, be eligible for admission as an in state student and have worked in child care in PA for at least one year,
- Scholarship awards are dependent upon the availability of funds and priorities of funders,
- Other eligibility criteria may apply and are subject to change without notice.
T.E.A.C.H. Brochure & Applications
- T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Brochure (PDF)
- T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Models Info Sheet (PDF)
- Associate Degree Scholarship Application (PDF)
- Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship Application (PDF)
- Certification Only Scholarship Fact Sheet & Application (PDF)
- Student Teaching Only Fact Sheet (PDF)
- First Step/Last Step Scholarship Fact Sheet & Application (PDF)
Fax: (717) 657-0959
Mail: 20 Erford Road, Suite 302
Lemoyne, PA 17043
If you have any questions about scholarship eligibility or requirements, contact a T.E.A.C.H. Counselor at email@example.com.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood PENNSYLVANIA is supported by the Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) of Pennsylvania’s Department of Human Services (DHS) and Pennsylvania’s Department of Education (PDE). For more information, visit dhs.pa.gov and education.pa.gov.