Nature Explore is a national nonprofit program of Dimensions Educational Research Foundation, which works collaboratively with a network of organizations throughout the nation. Our goal is to help nature become an integral, joyful part of children’s daily learning. Nature Explore provides research-based workshops, design consultations and resources created to support programs as they continue to connect children and families to the wonders of nature.
For more information visit Nature Explore at https://natureexplore.org/
The Nature Explore program supports your important efforts to connect children with nature. They do this by offering:
- Outdoor Classroom Design Services to help create nurturing, nature-based outdoor spaces
- Workshops & Conferences to share effective, inspiring ideas for enhancing children’s learning with nature
- Natural Products for Outdoor Classrooms, field-tested components that support children’s interests and creativity
- Family Resources to inspire nature connections at home
- Sustainability Network to help programs connect and share ideas
- Research and Field-testing as the foundation for all our programs and resources.
Certified Nature Explore Classrooms have demonstrated a deep commitment to connecting children with nature. Each one is unique in size, setting and structure, but they have one thing in common: they bring a sense of wonder to children’s lives.
Certified Nature Explore Classrooms enhance the physical environment and add natural beauty to the surrounding area. A network of Certified Nature Explore Classrooms is growing throughout the United States in elementary schools, early childhood programs, nature centers, military bases, national forests, parks and wildlife refuges, zoos, Head Start centers, arboretums, children’s museums, and other public spaces.
There are more than 20 Certified Nature Explore Classrooms in Pennsylvania. To learn more visit https://certified.natureexplore.org/certified-nature-explore-classrooms/