The Pennsylvania Child Care Association (PACCA) is a statewide non-profit, membership organization. For more than 40 years, PACCA has served as a resource and clearinghouse of information for practitioners, agencies, press, legislators and the general public. Founded in 1973, PACCA has helped to inform, update and represent child care providers on existing and changing laws, regulations, policies and developmental research relating to early education and child care.
PACCA’s members operate nearly 1,800 center, group and family child care programs employing over 25,000 staff and caring for over 140,000 children aged birth through school-age. PACCA’s membership also includes Child Care Information Services (CCIS) who provide county-wide child care resource and referral services. Additionally, Associate members include businesses, consultants and other entities that provide a service or product to the child care provider community.
1,070 Members (FY 16-17)
- 1,029 Members operate child care programs
- PACCA's members operate nearly 1,800 regulated child care program sites
- 16% operate more than one facility – PACCA’s multi-site members operate over 750 sites
- 94% of sites are in Keystone STARS/61% have earned STAR 3 or STAR 4 ratings
- 90% Centers/6% Family/3% Group/1% other (private academic nursery, Head Start, Pre-K Counts)
- PACCA's members serve nearly 140,000 children/day
- PACCA's members employ nearly 25,000 staff
- 16 CCIS Members
- 11 Associate – Businesses, foundations, higher ed, other
- 14 Individuals